Theresa is one of SRA’s most experienced educators, being a fully qualified adult trainer. She has been with us since 2008 and is passionate about helping students become the best they can be.
- How did you come to be a tutor at SRA? What path brought you here?
I remembered what my tutor said to me as a student, on my graduation day, which was to spend at least 2yrs in the field as a makeup artist, then apply as a tutor. I didn’t think I had what it took to be a tutor, but she thought otherwise LOL. So I did just that.
- What are you known for professionally? What is your signature look?
Sultry or smokey look.
- What’s the one problem you are best at solving for your students?
Working on their weaknesses.
- Who have you worked with in the past? And what have you done for them?
NZ Fashion Week shows, NZ magazines, Music videos, Cosmetic counters, Photo shoots, Bridal and Ball.
- What are you most passionate about professionally?
The many challenges regardless of how big or small I face as an artist.
- What most excites you about your work & the contribution you can make?
Being able to pass on what I am passionate about to others, so that they may go forward in the industry to become the best they can be, and being a part of that journey with them.
- What are you passionate about personally?
Family and makeup.
- What do you really enjoy?
A nice full body massage after a long day’s work.
- What can’t you stop talking about?
Many things I enjoy i.e. makeup, food, movies.
Where can we find you when you’re not working?
Spending time with family.
What’s your favourite way to spend a weekend or a Sunday afternoon?
At the movies, or at home watching movies.
How long have you been doing what you do?
What is your top make-up tip?
Look after you skin, if you want your makeup to look good on you.